Maruti Suzuki XL6 leaked ahead of August 21 launch
- The upcoming new Maruti Suzuki XL6 has been fully leaked in new spy photos. The Ertiga-based rugged MPV will launch in India on August 21.
- Even though the XL6 is clearly a jacked-up Ertiga, it will not use the Etiga name to differentiate itself from the latter. Furthermore, the XL6 will be sold via Maruti’s Nexa dealerships, whereas the Ertiga is sold through Arena showrooms.
- The spy images reveal that the vehicle will get a new bold front fascia which will clearly differentiate it from its donor car. However, the rear hasn’t been given much of a makeover, so it’s impossible to disguise the Ertiga resemblance here.
- On the inside, expect the Maruti XL6 to come with a redesigned dashboard and more equipment to justify its higher price tag. Also, the XL6 name signifies that the car will be a 6-seater, so expect captain chairs in the second row as standard.
- On the powertrain front, the XL6 is said to come only with Suzuki’s new 1.5-litre petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology. This motor will generate 104 bhp/ 138 Nm.