Maruti Suzuki XL6 officially teased
- Maruti Suzuki has released the first teaser sketch of its upcoming XL6 MPV which will be launched in India on August 21.
- In case you are unfamiliar, the XL6 is a premium version of the Ertiga which will be sold through Maruti’s Nexa dealerships.
- The teaser sketch previews the car’s bold new, Toyota-inspired front end as well as its Ertiga-esque rear. In case you haven’t seen it already, the XL6 was spied fully undisguised recently. See it here.
- The car will have a 6-seat layout with captain seats in the second row. Clearly, Maruti is targeting the Innova and the Marazzo with the new XL6. Also, the company will target private buyers with this new car, unlike the Ertiga which is quite popular in the cab market as well.
- The Maruti Suzuki XL6 will only be offered with a 1.5-litre petrol engine (with SHVS mild-hybrid system). No diesel option here since Maruti plans to discontinue diesel engines soon.