MediaTek Helio G70, Helio G70T chipsets announced
- Adding new members to its well-received Helio G-series, MediaTek has now announced the Helio G70 and Helio G70T mobile SoCs.
- As the name suggests, these mobile chips are positioned below the Helio G90 and Helio G90T (found on the Redmi Note 8 Pro) and aim to bring competent gaming performance to affordable Android smartphones.
- Based on a 12 nm fabrication process, the G70-series features an octa-core CPU with 4 powerful Cortex-A75 cores clocked at 2 GHz and 4 efficient Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.7GHz. The SoCs have support for up to 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM as well.
- Coming on to the GPU, there are ARM Mali-G52 graphics with a maximum frequency of 820 MHz. Also standard is MediaTek’ HyperEngine tech for smoother gaming performance. The additional GPU boost that the Helio G70T brings isn’t detailed as yet.
- On the optics side, the G70 has support for up to 16MP + 16MP camera setup or 48MP single camera. It also supports a depth engine, Camera Control Unit, Electronic Image Stabilisation and up to 240 fps video capture.