MediaTek Helio P80 SoC may debut on Oppo R19 next year
- While MediaTek’s Helio P70 chipset just debuted on the Realme U1, it’s successor is already in its final developmental stage.
- The Helio P80 SoC is now said to debut on the Oppo R19 in early 2019.
- It is said to be built on TSMC’s 12nm process (same as the P70). Then, it will come with octa-core CPU using ARM’s cores, and possibly, even an improved GPU.
- With the Helio P80, MediaTek is reportedly focused on making significant improvements in terms of AI processing, which makes sense since AI is the hottest buzzword in the smartphone industry currently.
- Not too long ago, the AI benchmark scores of the Helio P80 appeared online. Despite being a mid-range chip, it allegedly managed to outclass Huawei’s flagship Kirin 980, while being behind only the upcoming Snapdragon 8150.