MediaTek Helio P90 announced
- Taiwanese semiconductor brand MediaTek has unveiled its latest Helio P90 SoC which aims to bring flagship-grade performance to mid-range phones.
- Based on a 12 nm FinFET process, the P90 is an octa-core processor which consists of 2 ARM Cortex A75 CPUs clocked at 2.2 GHz and 6 ARM Cortex A55 CPUs that work at 2.0 GHz. For graphics, the SoC has a PowerVR GM 9946 GPU.
- MediaTek has put a lot of emphasis on improving the chip’s AI processing. Its AI Fusion architecture can assign AI tasks to the AI Accelerator or to the triple Image Processing Unit, thereby making it more efficient and faster.
- The inbuilt Accelerated Processing Unit can also recognise the kind of content being consumed by the user in order to optimise the display. Then, it can also do real-time stabilisation in video calls.
- Devices powered by the MediaTek Helio P90 can have up to 8GB RAM, up to 48MP single or 24MP + 16MP dual cameras and a maximum screen resolution of FHD+.