MediaTek Helio P90 SoC to support Google Machine Learning Kit
- Taiwanese chip maker MediaTek has expanded its collaboration with Google to make its mid-range Helio P90 SoC support Google’s Machine Learning (ML) Kit.
- With an aim of bringing machine learning techniques to mobile developers of all levels of expertise, MediaTek will provide software support to assist in making AI an essential and intuitive part of a developer’s toolkit.
- MediaTek claims that its hardware works well with most the Android Neural Networks, including all compute-intensive operations.
- Based on a 12 nm Fin FET process, the Helio P90 also has an AI Fusion architecture that can assign AI tasks to the AI Accelerator, which in turn can recognise the nature of the content being consumed.
- The Google ML Kit support is coming on the Helio P90 beginning Q1 2019.