MediaTek reveales 6nm Dimensity 1200, Dimensity 1100 chipsets
- MediaTek has unveiled two new 6nm process-based high-end mobile chipsets called the Dimensity 1200 and Dimensity 1100.
- The Dimensity 1200 is the more accomplished of the duo. It has a 1+3+4 configuration that consists of one A78 core running at 3.0GHz, three more A78 cores at 2.6GHz, and four power-efficient A55 cores running at 2.0GHz.
- On the other hand, 1100 has no prime core, it instead has four A78s clocked at 2.6Ghz and four A55s running at 2.0Ghz.
- Both chips sport the same 9-core Mali-G77 GPU from the Dimensity 1000, but a new addition here is the AV1 video hardware acceleration.
- The Dimensity 1200 supports up to 168Hz displays while the Dimensity 1100 supports up to 144Hz. On the other hand, the former can handle up to 200MP camera sensors while the latter maxes out at 108MP.