Mercedes-AMG A35 goes official
- Mercedes-AMG has revealed the A35, which with its 300 bhp, will be the hottest fourth generation A-Class one can buy until the new A45 goes official next year.
- This is the first AMG tuned A-Class to have the ‘35’ suffix. It houses a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine under its bonnet, which in addition to 302 horsepower, also pumps an impressive 400 Nm of twist force. Consequently, the 0-100 km/h sprint is dismissed in just 4.7 seconds.
- The power and torque are channelled to both axles via a 7-speed, dual-clutch automatic gearbox. For added traction around the corners, Merc’s 4Matic all-wheel drive system comes standard.
- For better dynamics, the A35 has a modified body shell for enhanced torsional stiffness. Then, to tame this 302 horsepower hatchback, AMG has equipped it with beefy 350 mm front and 330 mm rear disc brakes which are ventilated and perforated.
- Design wise, the Mercedes-AMG A35 gets a new grille, redesigned front & rear bumpers, AMG 18-inch alloys, wider sills,tailgate-mounted spoiler, blacked out exhaust pipes, bespoke upholstery and an AMG steering wheel with touch-pad controls.