Mercedes-AMG A35 saloon breaks cover
- Following the Mercedes-AMG A35 hatchback’s reveal in September last year, the saloon derivative of the same has now gone official.
- The A35 saloon looks identical to its hatchback sibling from the front, but the 3-box rear gets an aggressive diffuser and a twin-exhaust system over the standard A-Class saloon.
- The boot space here is a good 420 litres, while Mercedes also claims that the car has best-in-class rear headroom.
- Power on the car comes from the same 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that’s good for generating 302 horsepower and 400 Nm of peak torque. A 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox channels power to A35’s all four wheels via the 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
- Just like the larger C63, the AMG A35 saloon also gets an optional AMG Performance steering wheel which gets integrated customisable shortcut keys to adjust drive modes, suspension settings and traction control.