Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift launched at Rs 40 lakh
- The mid-cycle refreshed version of the ongoing Mercedes-Benz C-Class has been launched in India between Rs 40.00-48.50 lakh.
- The new C-Class carries subtle design changes such as new LED head and tail lamps, tweaked bumpers and redesigned alloys. The cabin gets a new steering wheel with dual touchpad control system, and dual screens – a 12.3-inch one replacing the instrument console and a 10.25-inch one the COMAND infotainment system.
- The biggest changes on the C-Class facelift comes in the form of the new 2.0-litre BS-VI diesel powertrain. In the base C 220d it produces 191 bhp and 400 Nm, while in the higher C 300d it makes 241 bhp and 500 Nm. Both models get a 9-speed torque converter automatic gearbox which feeds power to the rear wheels.
- As you’d have noticed, the C-Class facelift lineup in India is diesel only. The updated C 200 petrol – which features Merc’s mild hybrid system with EQ Boost tech – hasn’t been launch in India as yet. It is expected to arrive here in the first quarter of 2019.
- The new C 220d’s starting price is around Rs 3 lakh lesser than the outgoing model. This should help Merc stay competitive against the likes of the Audi A4, Jaguar XE and BMW 3 Series.
|C-Class facelift variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|C 220d Prime||Rs 40.00 lakh|
|C 220d Progressive||Rs 44.25 lakh|
|C 300d AMG Line||Rs 48.50 lakh|