Mercedes-Benz C200 facelift launched
- The facelifted Merc C-Class has been launched with a new mild-hybrid 1.5-litre petrol engine.
- Called the C200, it has a 1.5-litre turbocharged unit that generates 181 bhp and 280 Nm. Then, this motor works with a 48V belt-driven starter generator which produces an additional 13 bhp and 160 Nm. A 9-speed torque converter automatic gearbox comes standard.
- In contrast, the pre-facelift C200 had a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol which made 181 bhp and 300 Nm.
- The new C200 is only launched in the Progressive trim which comes with a panoramic sunroof, LED headlights, ambient lighting, Active Park Assist, 10.25-inch COMAND infotainment system, etc. as standard.
- The Mercedes-Benz C200 is priced at Rs 43.46 lakh (ex-showroom), which makes it around Rs 80,000 more affordable than the corresponding C220d diesel trim.