Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain launched at Rs 75 lakh
- For the first time in India, Mercedes-Benz has launched a non-saloon E-Class in the form of the E-Class All-Terrain.
- Based on the Euro-spec E-Class wagon, the All-Terrain model adds rugged body molding, more ground clearance, and Merc’s 4Matic AWD system to the former to create what’s essentially a souped-up wagon with SUV-like capabilities.
- The Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 191 bhp of power and 400 Nm of peak torque. This motor comes mated to a 9-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- The interior of the E-Class All-Terrain remains largely similar to the standard E-Class saloon. However, being a wagon, the All-Terrain has a bigger 640 litre boot, which can be further expanded to 1,820 litres by folding its rear seats.
- The Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain is launched in only a single-spec E 200d diesel variant which is priced at Rs 75 lakh (ex-showroom). The only other vehicle of its kind is the Volvo V90 Cross Country, which is a whole Rs 10 lakh.