Mercedes-Benz EQC electric vehicle revealed
- Merc’s dedicated all electric sub-brand EQ has debuted with the arrival of the EQC SUV.
- Based on a heavily modified GLC platform, the EQC is lower and wider than the former and also features a heavily modified interior to match its all electric aura.
- Powering the Mercedes-Benz EQC are two electric motors – one powering the front wheels and other the rear ones. Together, these motors provide the EQC with 401bhp of power and 765Nm of instantaneous torque, allowing it to sprint from 0-100 km/h in 5.1 seconds.
- Depending on the power source, the Mercedes-Benz EQC’s 80 kWh battery can be charged from 10-80 per cent in around 40 minutes. When fully, charged, Merc claims that the EQC can run 400 km on the WLTP cycle.
- The Mercedes-Benz EQC will take on the Jaguar I-Pace and the upcoming Audi e-Tron. We cannot confirm if this SUV will launch in India anytime soon.