Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 launched at Rs 88.80 lakh
- Mercedes has launched the GLE 450 petrol in India at Rs 88.80 lakh. Also, the GLE 400d, which was previously imported to India, will now be locally assembled, thereby bringing its starting price down to Rs 89.90 lakh (both prices are ex-showroom).
- The GLE 450 uses a 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder, turbo-petrol engine that can generate 362 bhp and 500 Nm. It’s paired with a 48V mild-hybrid system which an additional 22 bhp and 250 Nm when required. A 9-speed automatic gearbox comes standard.
- Features offered on both GLE 450 and GLE 400d include active air suspension, multi-beam LED headlights, 20-inch alloys, power-adjustable rear seats, memory front seats, 4-zone climate control, dual 12.3-inch displays with MBUX interface, etc.
- On the safety front, this big Merc SUV comes with 360-degree parking camera, hands-free parking function, blind-spot monitoring, active brake assist and 7 airbags.
- As always, the Mercedes-Benz GLE competes in with the Volvo XC90 Audi Q7 and BMW X5 in India.