Mercedes-Benz V-class India launch next month
- Mercedes-Benz India’s first launch of 2019 will be a minivan named V-Class. It is reported to launch on January 24.
- The V-class will undoubtedly be the most unique offering from Merc in India. It’s a proper people mover with boxy proportions and substantial length – 5,140 mm for the standard and 5,370 mm for the long wheelbase version.
- Expect the vehicle to be powered by the 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine from the C-Class and E-Class. This BSVI compliant motor generates 191 bhp of max power and 400Nm of peak torque.
- Belonging to the luxury segment, the V-Class comes loaded with features like swivelling seats (with optional sleeper option), Merc Comand infotainment system with topographical 3D mapping, 360-degree cameras, blind spot detection, lane assist, etc.
- Expected to be priced around Rs 80 lakh, the new minivan from Merc will live in a segment of its own.