MG Hector digitally revealed
- Alongside the i-Smart connected car system, MG Motor has also revealed the exterior of its upcoming Hector SUV. It will be launched in India in June this year and is expected to be priced around Rs 17-20 lakh.
- As previously speculated, the Hector is indeed a rebadged version of the Baojun 530 SUV with some minor differences. For those unaware, both Baojun and MG are owned by SAIC – a major Chinese carmaker, so badge engineering is normal.
- The Hector has a bold front end which will go well with SUV buyers. It has got a big mesh grille that’s flanked by slim LED DRLs, bumper mounted headlamps, faux skid plates and a healthy dose of chrome.
- The rear is a bit simpler comparatively but looks quite contemporary nonetheless. In fact, there’s a hint of the Audi Q7 here.
- Engines expected to power the MG Hector are a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel from Fiat. the former is also expected to come with a mild-hybrid combination, where a 48V start-stop system will help enhance the fuel economy.