MG Hector Plus launched at Rs 13.49 lakh
- The longer 6-seat Hector, christened MG Hector Plus, has been launched in India at Rs 13.49-18.54 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Around 65 mm longer than the standard Hector, the Plus version demands a premium of about Rs 65,000 variant to variant over the former.
- The extra length of the Hector Plus means that it can now accommodate 3 rows of seating. The second row on this SUV comprises of captain chairs which makes it ideal for the chauffeured audience. A 7-seat version with a flat second-row bench is expected to launch later.
- Design-wise, the MG Hector Plus looks cleaner than the standard Hector because of lesser chrome at the front, an all-black grille, redesigned bumpers and smaller tail lamps.
- All four engine-gearbox options from the standard Hector are carried over on the to the Plus model. So, you get a 168 bhp, 2.0-litre diesel engine with a 6-speed manual gearbox; a 141bhp, 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed DCT auto; and a 48V mild-hybrid version of the same petrol engine with 6-speed a manual.