MG ZS EV revealed in India; launch soon
- After the extremely-successful Hector, MG’s second offering in India will be an all-electric SUV called ZS EV. It has been revealed in India and launch is confirmed for January 2020.
- The MG ZS EV is 4314 mm long, 1809 mm wide and 1644 mm tall. Basically, it’s smaller than the Hector dimensionally, but a lot more premium nonetheless. Its design is also smoother and inoffensive than the in-your-face look of the latter.
- Powering this vehicle will be an all-electric motor which draws power from a 44.5 kWh battery pack. It generates 353 Nm of torque and around 141 horsepower. Claimed performance is pretty brisk, 0-100 km/h is achieved in 8.5 seconds.
- On a single charge, the MG ZS EV is said to have a real world range of 340 km. The battery pack has support for fast charging, and therefore, it can go from 0-80 per cent in 50 minutes. Also, a 7.4 kWh wall box charger can be installed at the owner’s parking which will recharge the car from 0-100 per cent in 6-8 hours.
- Coming to features, there will be i-Smart connected car tech, panoramic sunroof, PM 2.5 AC filter, auto headlamps & wipers, cruise control, heated wing mirrors, 6 airbags, stability control, etc.
- Aimed squarely at the Hyundai Kona Electric, the MG ZS EV is expected to be priced at around Rs 25 lakh (ex-showroom). Its bookings are now open for a token amount of Rs 50,000.