Mi A2 users reporting severe battery drain issue
- Users of the recently-launched Xiaomi Mi A2 are reportedly undergoing some massive battery drain due to some unforeseen reasons. As you know, the Mi A2 is the second-gen Android One smartphone from Xiaomi and comes with a stock android experience.
- Though the reason is still unknown, some users have mentioned about a bug in the fingerprint sensor and several users even went to the extent of removing every registered fingerprint from the devices. Even this has not provided any respite to Mi A2 users.
- Some sources believe that the cause of battery drainage is running of CPU cores at maximum speed. Google Play store has come under strife for housing a bug for which the users have suggested for deletion of app data.
- Xiaomi is still in a dilemma in dealing with the situation as the issue is not faced by every user. Out of several mechanisms opted by the users, what most have tried is rebooting after every internal of two hours. But this is not feasible each time.
- With the problem gaining momentum, an official statement addressing the issue can be expected from Xiaomi soon.