Mi Mix Alpha unveiled with crazy wrap-around display, 108MP camera
- The new Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha is probably the craziest smartphone of 2019 because it is almost entirely screen, with a screen-to-body ratio of 180 per cent!
- We’re dealing with a wrap-around display here which curves from the front and continues to the back. The only ‘body’ part of this phone is a thin rear vertical strip for its triple cameras. The bezels are pretty non-existent, too.
- The edges of the Mi Mix Alpha are pressure-sensitive and perform various functions on different inputs. Also standard is palm-rejection to avoid accidental touches. There are no holes in this phone either – it instead gets an ultrasonic proximity sensor and ‘Display Acoustic Technology’ for audio output.
- This phone is also the world’s first device to use Samsung’s new 108MP sensor as its main camera. It’s accompanied by a 20MP ultra-wide-angle shooter and a 12MP telephoto shooter.
- The device is also powered by the top-notch Snapdragon 855 SoC that’s paired with 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage.
- Keeping its crazy design in mind, it’s not surprising that the Mi Mix Alpha will be produced in limited numbers and will be sold in China for CNY 19,999 (~Rs 2 lakh), and yes, that makes it more expensive than the Samsung Galaxy Fold!
More tech news: