Mi Reader revealed as Xiaomi’s first eBook reader
- Xiaomi has revealed the Mi reader in China. This is the Chinese company’s answer to the extremely popular Amazon Kindle eBook reader.
- The device will go on crowdfunding in China on November 20. Its early bird price is set at CNY579 (~Rs 5,900) and it will be increased to CNY599 (~Rs 6,100) later on.
- The Mi Reader sports a 6-inch HD e-ink display with 24 brightness presets. The battery capacity here 1,800mAh and it uses a modern USB-C port for charging. Memory on the device includes 1GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
- Xiaomi’s latest eBook reader supports a large number of file formats which include DOC, TXT, PDF, EPUD, XLS, PPT, etc. Basically, it can support all compatible Microsoft Office and WPS Office content.
- As of now, there’s no confirmation if the Mi Reader will launch in India or not. However, if it’s popular enough, Xiaomi might very well launch it here.