Microsoft Surface Headphones announced with Cortana integration
- Expanding its Surface lineup beyond computers, Microsoft has revealed the new noise cancelling Surface Headphones which come with Cortana integration. These are priced at US $350.
- The Surface Headphones have an over-ear design. The cans are equipped with 40 mm Free Edge drivers which have a claimed frequency response between 20 Hz – 20 kHz and sound pressure of up to 115 dB.
- The noise cancellation tech on the Surface Headphones can cancel up to 30 dB for active noise cancellation, and 40 dB for passive noise cancellation. There is a dial on the left ear cup that lets users adjust the noise cancellation level.
- The headphones feature a USB Type-C port for charging which also has support for fast charging. On full charge, the headphones can give up to 15 hours of playback time. There’s also a 3.5 mm audio jack support if the battery dies suddenly.
- Users of the Microsoft Surface Headphones can trigger Cortana by saying “Hey Cortana”. Cortana can help users control their music, read emails or establish conference calls.