Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross likely to launch in India by 2020
- After the recently launched Outlander, Japanese automaker Mitsubishi is planning to bring the Eclipse Cross to India by 2020, according to media reports.
- The Eclipse Cross is a Jeep Compass sized small SUV which was globally launched in 2017. It boasts Mitsubishi’s latest ‘Dynamic Shield’ design language with a chrome-heavy front facia.
- Globally, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross comes powered by a 160 bhp 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine that’s mated to a CVT gearbox. Mitsubishi is also planning to add a 2.2-litre diesel to the SUV’s lineup, which makes sense for the India-spec model as well.
- Feature wise, the global Eclipse Cross comes equipped with creature comforts like leather upholstery, panoramic sunroof, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 360 degree parking camera, etc.
- If priced around Rs 17-20 lakh in India, the Eclipse Cross can prove to be a formidable rival to the Jeep Compass and even the Hyundai Tucson.