Most important cars to be launched in 2019
- Tata Harrier: Tata has been creating a lot of buzz around the Harrier. The small SUV will be positioned in between the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass. Based on Land Rover Discovery Sport’s D8 platform, the Harrier brings with it a youthful design and a lot of equipment to entice new buyers.
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR: The current WagonR, which has been feeling the heat from the more modern competition like the Hyundai Santro and Tata Tiago, will be replaced by a brand new model in late January. The WagonR has always been a strong-seller for Maruti and the new iteration is expected to continue to be popular. You can see the new model’s spy photos here.
- Nissan Kicks: The Kicks, which will compete with the Creta, will be Nissan’s major mass-market launch after 6 years. The SUV comes with stylish design all around. For India, the Kicks will borrow its engines from the Renault Duster and Captur.
- Honda Civic: The Honda Civic will return to India this year with the hope of reviving the executive saloon segment, which is being forgotten because of a plethora of new SUVs. It’s also the first time that the Civic will come with a diesel engine option.
- Tata 45X: The Tata 45X concept was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and this year it will morph into a production-ready vehicle. It will be a premium hatchback that will rival the i20 and Baleno. Given how radical Tata’s new vehicles look, we expect the 45X to be visually striking as well.