New Apple iPad Pro, Mac range coming on October 30
- Apple has announced a new launch event on October 30, 2018, in Brooklyn. On this day, we are very likely to see the new iPad Pro range, and possibly even new Mac computers.
- The new iPad Pro has been subject to many leaks recently. It is expected to feature a new design language with slim bezels. As with iPhones, Apple will eliminate the fingerprint scanner in favour of Face ID.
- A rather interesting report suggests that Apple will ditch it’s proprietary lighting port on the new iPad Pro range in favour of a far more practical USB Type-C. However, the exclusion of the 3.5 mm headphone jack is also more or less confirmed.
- It is also likely that Apple will launch the long-awaited MacBook Air successor and an updated Mac Mini at the same event. The former is expected to have a high-res 12-inch Retina display with slimmer bezels.
- Previously, Apple was rumoured to bring the new iPads and Macs at its September 12 event. However, like always, Apple has followed its philosophy of holding dedicated events for iPhones and iPads this year as well.