New Ciaz 1.5-litre diesel specs leaked
- Maruti Suzuki’s upcoming 1.5-litre diesel engine, which will debut in the Ciaz and then soon make its way on the S-Cross and Ertiga, will make 94 bhp, as per a report by IAB.
- A leaked document (see below) reveals that this in-house developed 1,498 cc diesel engine by Maruti will be offered in all Ciaz variants except for the base Sigma.
- This engine is reported to be called the DDiS 225, thereby confirmed its 225 Nm of torque output.
- Unlike the current 1.3-litre unit, this one will not get the SHVS system. Instead, Suzuki has reportedly managed to extract a good 26.88 km/l (as per ARAI tests) without any mild-hybrid tech assistance.
- This upcoming engine will be eventually be seen on Maruti Suzuki’s entire diesel portfolio as the current Fiat-sourced powertrain cannot be upgraded to comply with the stricter BSVI emission norms, which come into effect from April 1, 2020.