New Hyundai Santro revealed
- Hyundai India has digitally revealed the new Santro hatchback. Bookings of the new model will commence on October 10, 2018, and the booking amount is set at Rs 11,100 for the first 50,000 customers.
- The new Hyundai Santro revives the tall boy design of its predecessor, but incorporates Hyundai’s latest design philosophy in to it. The overall design of the new Santro takes a lot of inspiration from the Grand i10 and even the older i10.
- The dual-tone Interior of the new Santro will be quite upmarket as per its segment. It will offer a 6.94-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple Carplay and voice recognition. A rear AC vent will also be offered, which will be a segment first.
- The 2019 Santro will be powered by 1.1-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that generates 67 bhp and 99 Nm. While a 5-speed manual gearbox will be standard, the car will also a get the option of a 5-speed AMT – a first for Hyundai. Both variants will return 20.3 km/l (ARAI certified). Furthermore, a factory-fitted CNG kit will also be available on the car.
- The new Hyundai Santro will be launched in India on October 23, 2018. It will compete in the market with the Tata Tiago and Maruti Suzuki WagonR.