New Hyundai Santro to launch on October 28
- The long overdue next-generation Hyundai Santro will finally launch in India on October 28, 2018. Pre-bookings for the hatchback are said to begin on October 10.
- Codenamed AH2, the new hatchback is confirmed to resurrect the popular Santro brand in India. The name was finalised after Hyundai ran a campaign through which it reached out to potential buyers of the car and asked them to vote for a name. As you’d expect, the Santro name got the maximum votes.
- The new Santro’s heavily camouflaged prototypes have been caught testing multiple times in India. The car is confirmed to sport a tallboy design language, just like its predecessor.
- The car is rumoured to be powered by a 1.1-litre petrol engine that will be paired either with a 5-speed manual gearbox, or for the first time on a Hyundai, an AMT.
- While not confirmed, reports suggest that the new Santro will replace the ageing Eon in Hyundai India’s lineup. It is expected to be priced on par with the Tata Tiago and Maruti Suzuki Celerio.