New iPad Air, iPad Mini revealed; prices start from Rs 34,900
Apple has quietly unveiled the updated iPad Air (3rd generation) and iPad Mini (5th generation) today. Both these new tablets have support for the first-gen Apple Pencil as well.
- The new iPad Air borrows its 10.5-inch Retina display with True Tone tech from the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5.
- It is powered by the A12 Bionic chipset from the 2018 iPhones and comes with an 8MP f/2.2 rear and a 7MP selfie camera.
- Unlike the new iPad Pros, the new Air continues to use Apple’s proprietary lightning port for charging and data transfer. Then, it also has the good old Touch ID fingerprint scanner instead of the new Face ID for biometric unlocking.
- In India, the 3rd generation iPad Air will start at Rs 44,900 for WiFi only and RS 55,900 for the cellular versions.
- The 5th generation iPad Mini looks exactly the same as its predecessor from 3 years back. It continues to have a 7.9-inch screen, but this time around its laminated and comes with True Tone support as well.
- Other specs of the new iPad Mini are exactly the same as those of the new iPad Air.
- India prices of the new iPad Mini will start at Rs 34,900 for WiFi only and at Rs 45,900 for the cellular versions.