New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open
- The second-generation Ertiga can now be booked at all Maruti Suzuki Arena dealerships across India for a token amount of Rs 11,000.
- Like its predecessor, the new Ertiga will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine options. The former is a new 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder unit that debuted on the Ciaz facelift. It generates 103 bhp and 138 Nm. A 4-speed torque convertor automatic gearbox is also expected to be offered with this engine.
- The diesel will be carried over from the outgoing model, which means that the new model will come with the same ubiquitous 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced motor good for 89 bhp and 200 Nm. This engine also gets SHVS mild-hybrid system
- The new Ertiga is based on a brand new platform that makes it lighter and more spacious. Also, it’s aesthetically very different from the model it’s set to replace.
- We expect the new model to be priced slightly above the current model. Presently, the Eriga retails between Rs 6.34 lakh – 10.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).