New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched
- The second-gen Ertiga has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh (ex-showroom). The car is available in 10 variants to choose from.
- The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is dimensionally larger than its predecessor but still manages to be lighter thanks to Suzuki’s new ‘Heartect’ platform that underpins it. Aesthetically, it looks much more appealing than the car it replaces.
- Equipment list includes passive entry with push-button start, infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, 15-inch alloy wheels, reverse camera, rear parking sensors, etc. Dual front airbags and ABS are standard on all variants. Automatic variants also get hill-hold function.
- Engine options on the new Ertiga include the new 1.5-litre petrol powertrain with SHVS that debuted on the Ciaz facelift. This unit generates 103 bhp of max power and 138 Nm of peak torque. A 5-speed manual transmission comes standard on this one, while an outdated 4-speed torque converter automatic is optional.
- The diesel engine is carried over from the outgoing model. It’s a 1.3-litre unit good for producing 89 bhp and 200 Nm. As before, SHVS system is standard on this one as well.
|2018 Ertiga variant||Price (ex-showroom)|
|Vxi AT||9.18 lakh|
|Zxi AT||9.95 lakh|