New Mercedes-AMG G 63 launched at Rs 2.19 crore
- The second-gen model of the iconic Merc G Wagen has been launched in India. Like its predecessor, the SUV will be only offered here in the top-spec AMG G 63 version which is priced at Rs 2.19 crore (ex-showroom).
- The new G Wagen, which debuted earlier this year, is the biggest revamp of the SUV since its original launch wayback in 1979. Even though the classic boxy proportions of the previous model have been kept intact, the new G Wagen is a completely different vehicle underneath.
- The AMG G 63 is propelled by a 4.0-litre V8 twin turbo petrol engine that churns out 577 bhp of power and a significant 850 Nm of peak torque. With so much mechanical force, the G 63 can go from 0-100 km/h in just 4.5 seconds, despite its 2,485 kg kerb weight!
- Power transmission duties are handled by a 9-speed torque converter automatic gearbox which works with the 4Matic four-wheel drive system to make the G 63 very capable off-tarmac. The 241 mm of ground clearance aids off-roading further.
- The Mercedes-AMG G 63 has a new, thoroughly modern cabin with the German company’s new widescreen cockpit layout and all creature comforts you can ask for in a vehicle this expensive.