New Mustang Shelby GT500 gets over 700 horsepower
- The 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 has been unleashed at the ongoing Detroit Auto Show 2019.
- This is the most powerful Mustang ever and is claimed to pump out “over 700 horsepower” from its 5.2-litre supercharged V8 engine. It’s also the first Mustang to get a dual-clutch gearbox – a 7-speed unit – which can shift in less than 100 milliseconds.
- Compared to the regular Mustang, The GT500 sports a re-engineered body that has flared wheel arches, a huge rear wing, a bespoke front look with six heat extractors and a lot more.
- On the inside, the Shelby GT500 has race-inspired materials and bespoke finishes to complement its power. It also gets a 12-inch colour LCD instrument cluster in addition to the 8-inch Ford SYNC 3 touchscreen system. A 12-speaker audio system by B&O is also available.
- Also available are two optional packages which add goodies like exposed 20-inch carbon fibre wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres, adjustable exposed carbon fibre GT4 track wing, splitter wickers with integrated dive plane, etc. to the already menacing package.