New Skoda Octavia India launch reportedly pushed to 2021
- Like most automakers, Skoda India has also been hit hard by the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. Consequently, the launch of the next-gen Octavia will likely be delayed in India.
- In an interview, Zac Hollis, Brand Director, Skoda Auto India, said, “Yes, the COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on our plans, and the launch of the new Octavia will be delayed; it could now happen early in 2021”.
- It should be noted that the outgoing Octavia has not been updated to BS6 norms because the engines it uses have been axed globally. Also, Skoda’s original plan was to launch in fourth-gen model in India in October this year.
- Consequently, the Octavia has now been temporarily discontinued from India until the new model arrives in early 2021.
- This also means that those looking for a D-sedan are now only left with two options – Honda Civic and Hyundai Elantra. For those unaware, the Toyota Corolla has been permanently discontinued in India as well.