New Ssangyong Rexton to launch as Mahindra Alturas
- According to a new report, the next-gen Ssangyong Rexton is confirmed to arrive as the Mahindra Alturas in India. The launch will take place on November 26, 2018.
- Mahindra sold the previous Rexton in India under its original Ssangyong badge, however, it failed to offer the snob brand value that rivals from Toyota and Ford come with. Therefore, the Ssangyong brand will not return to India anymore.
- The Mahindra Alturus, which will sit above the XUV500, is based on a body-on-frame construction and has a 7-seat layout. It will look exactly the same as the new Ssangyong Rexton, albeit there will be Mahindra badges and a new family grille.
- Powering the Alturus will be a 2.2-litre diesel engine that generates 177 bhp of max power and 450 Nm of peak torque. The SUV will only come with a 7-speed automatic transmission and there will be no manual gearbox option.
- Mahindra is known to price its products competitively and expect the Alturus to be no different. Expect it to undercut both Fortuner and Endeavour. It will likely to be priced on par with the Isuzu MU-X.