Tata Nexon EV connected features detailed
- Tata Nexon EV connected features detailed
- The Tata Nexon EV, which is confirmed to launch in India on January 28, will debut Tata’s new ZConnect connected car system.
- ZConnect, thorough its smartphone app, will showcase owners the driving range, car charging status, etc. It will also allow remote operation of certain functions like air-conditioning and vehicle locking/unlocking.
- Then, car safety features, SOS response, location-based services, vehicle diagnostics/immobilisation, vehicle health monitoring, etc. can also be accessed via this system.
- Obviously, this system is similar to Hyundai’s BlueLink, MG’s iSmart, Kia’s UVO, etc. Since connected car systems are becoming quite popular, ZConnect may be offered on most Tata vehicles in future.
- Talking of the Nexon EV, it is an ARAI-certified driving range of 312 km. Powering it is a 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor which uses a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The power and torque output is 127 bhp and 245 Nm, respectively.
- Poco, which started life in 2018 as a Xiaomi sub-brand, is now being made an independent brand. Xiaomi CEO Manu Kumar Jain has confirmed this development on Twitter.
- Therefore, Poco will now have a dedicated team and its very own market strategy. This also indicates that the long-awaited Poco F2 will surely be launched in a few month’s time.
- “What started as a sub-brand within Xiaomi, has grown into its own identity. Poco F1 was an incredibly popular phone. We feel the time is right to let Poco operate on its own”, tweeted Jain.
- This is a clever move by Xiaomi to increase its market share in India and tackle Realme, an Oppo spin-off that’s been rapidly growing of late.
- Xiaomi has been giving its sub-brands a stronger identity. Last year, Redmi phones started coming with ‘Redmi’ branding instead of ‘Mi’. It is possible that Redmi will also become fully independent in India very soon, just like it is in China.
- Homegrown smartphone brand Lava has launched a new budget-centric Android smartphone in India called Z71. Its price has been set at Rs 6,299.
- The Lava Z71 features a 5.7-inch HD+ display with a notch up top. It is backed by a 3.200mAh battery.
- Powering this smartphone is a MediaTek Helio A22 chipset clocked at 2 Ghz. The only storage variant on offer is 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM.
- The camera setup of the Lava Z71 consists of 13MP primary + 2MP depth sensors at the back. At the front, you get a 5MP selfie shooter.
- Coming with a dedicated Google Assistant button and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, the Z71 ships with the older Android 9 Pie on the software front.
- The official promotional images of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis facelift have been leaked, thereby hinting at its imminent launch.
- For the 2020 model year, the Ignis gains an updated grille with U-shaped inserts which grant it a mini-SUV look. Furthermore, the bumpers are now completely redesigned and get added silver appliques, much like the Brezza.
- On the inside, expect new colour schemes for the dashboard and upholstery. Then, Maruti’s new SmartPlay Studio infotainment system should also be standard on higher variants.
- The 2020 Ignis facelift will be powered by a BS6-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engine that generates 82 bhp of max power and 113 Nm of peak torque. A 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT will be the gearbox options on offer.
- Since the diesel engine has already been phased out from the Iginis, we do not expect it to return with the facelifted model. In fact, the 1.3-litre diesel engine will be axed from all Maruti cars once the BS6 regulations come into effect.
- The new Oppo F15 is priced at Rs 19,990. It will go on sale in India from January 24 via Flipkart, Amazon and Oppo India online store.
- The F15’s quad-rear camera setup includes 48MP f/1.79 primary camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera with 119-degree field of view, and two 2MP sensors for bokeh and monochrome shots.
- The display of this smartphone is a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED unit which hides an in-display fingerprint scanner beneath it. There’s also a notch up top which houses that phone’s 16MP selfie camera.
- Providing horsepower to the Oppo F15 is a MediaTek Helio P90 chipset with 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Powered by a 4,000mAh battery, this smartphone also supports VOOC 3.0 fast charging over USB-C.
- It is worth noting that on the software front, the F15 is powered by the older ColorOS 6.1.2 that’s based on Android 9 Pie.
- The Audi Q8 has been launched in India at Rs 1.33 crore (ex-showroom). Only 200 units of this flagship SUV have been imported to India for now.
- Being Audi’s first coupe SUV, the Q8 is dimensionally smaller than the Q7. It wears the company’s newest design language with that wide and exaggerated front grille being its highlight. Adding to opulence are its distinctive LED lights and frameless doors.
- The car is only being offered in the 55 TFSI variant, which means that powering it is a 3.0-litre, V6 turbo-petrol engine that generates 340 bhp of power and 500 Nm of torque. Also on-board is a 48V mild-hybrid system.
- The transmission on this car is an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic which feeds power to all four wheels via Quattro AWD system.
- On the inside, Audi Q8’s minimalist cabin is quite tech-heavy. It comes with a dual-touchscreen control system which consists of 10.1-inch infotainment screen and a lower 8.1-inch screen for the HVAC controls.
- India’s best-selling scooter has got a new BS6-compliant avatar as the Honda Activa 6G has been launched at Rs 63,912-65,412 (ex-showroom, Delhi). This makes it around Rs 7,500 dearer than the BS4 model.
- The 109.51 cc, single-cylinder engine on the Activa 6G now features fuel-injection. It generates 7.79 bhp of power at 8,000 rpm. Honda claims that the scooter is now 10 per cent more fuel efficient than before.
- On the equipment front, the most significant update here is the addition of telescopic fork along with larger 12-inch tyres.
- Also, the Activa 6G comes with a ‘Silent Start’ system from the Activa 125 BS6. Then, Honda has also added an external fuel filler cap on this automatic scooter.
- Jeep has updated its popular Compass SUV as per BS6 emission norms. That’s not all, the company has also made the diesel automatic option available in lower variants which are priced at Rs 21.96-24.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Earlier, the 9-speed torque converter automatic was only offered on the top-spec (and rather expensive) TrailHawk variant. By launching these new models, the diesel automatic’s entry price point is down by a substantial Rs 4.8 lakh.
- The diesel engine on Compass is the same 2.0-litre unit which now meets BS6 regulations. It generates 170 bhp of max power and 350 Nm of peak torque. An AWD system comes standard.
- The BS6 Jeep Compass diesel automatic comes quite loaded with features like 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, hill start assist, panoramic sunroof, traction control, stability control, 18-inch alloys, electric handbrake, etc.
Honor Magic Watch 2
- Priced at Rs 11,999-14,999 the 42 mm variant and Rs 12,999-14,999 for the 46 mm variant, the Magic Watch 2 features, fitness tracking, sleep tracking and heart rate monitoring.
- The smaller variant packs a circular 1.2-inch OLED display and 215 mAh battery, while the bigger one comes with a 1.39-inch circular OLED display and 455 mAh battery.
- Powering the Honor Magic Watch 2 the home-brewed Kirin A1 SoC and on the software front, it runs Huawei’s LiteOS.
Honor Band 5i
- The Honor Band 5i is an affordable version of the Honor Band 5 and it’s priced at Rs 1,999.
- The display of this smartband is 0.96-inch TFT colour panel and its battery life is claimed to be around 7-9 days.
- Having 5ATM water-resistance, the 5i can track different activities like running, walking, cycling, etc and it also comes with heart rate, SpO2 and sleep monitoring.
- After a brief break because of parent company Huawei’s global troubles, Honor has resumed launching smartphones in India. The first launch of Honor in 2020 is the Honor 9X and it’s priced at Rs 13,999-16,999.
- The 9X sports a truly bezel-less 6.59-inch LCD display of FHD+ resolution. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint reader and a reasonably-sized 4,000mAh battery, although there is no bundled fast charger.
- The triple rear camera setup of the Honor 9X consists of 48MP main, 8MP ultra-wide and 2MP depth sensors. Up front hides a 16MP selfie camera inside that motorised pop-up module.
- Powering this device is Huawei’s in-house developed Kirin 710F octa-core SoC. The smartphone is offered in two storage variants – 4GB/ 128GB and 6GB/ 128GB.
- On the software front, this smartphone runs on EMUI 9.1 based on Android 9 Pie. It will be up on sale from January 19 on Flipkart.