Mi Smart Speaker launched at Rs 3,499
- Mi Smart Speaker launched at Rs 3,499
- The Mi Smart Speaker is the very first IoT speaker to be launched by Xiaomi in India. It is priced at Rs 3,999 (special introductory offer) and will be sold from October 1 via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores.
- Using Google Assistant for its AI voice control, the Mi Smart Speaker has two far-field mics at its top along with Amazon Echo-like ring LED.
- The smart speaker features a metal mesh design behind which hides a 12W 63.6 mm driver, which, according to Xiaomi, is one of the biggest found on a smart speaker in India.
- Users will also get one year of Gaana Plus subscription worth Rs 999 free with the Mi Smart Speaker.
- It also comes with Chromecast built-in, which enables users to cast their TV shows on to a connected smart TV.
Mi Band 5
- The Mi band 5 smart fitness tracker’s price in India has been set at Rs 2,499. It will go on sale from October 1 via Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home stores.
- It features a larger 1.1-inch touchscreen AMOLED colour display and improved sensors for heart-rate as well as sleep monitoring.
- The Mi Band 5 features PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) that informs users of the desired activity level to stay healthy based on one’s heart rate. A total of 11 new sports modes have been introduced on this band, some of which include yoga, rowing, indoor cycling, elliptical, and jump rope exercise.
- Also new on the Mi Band 5 is a dedicated mode for women to track their health and menstrual cycle.
- The battery life of this wearable is rated at 14 days, which, oddly enough, is a downgrade over its predecessor’s 20-day battery life. The band recharges via a new charger that latches on its back using magnets.
- Connecting to both Android and iOS via Bluetooth 5.0, the Band 5 also includes a built-in barometer to gauge atmospheric pressure, a remote shutter button for the camera, and a 5ATM water-resistant design.
Mi Watch Revolve
- The Mi Watch Revolve price is at Rs 10,999 in India, but you can get it for Rs 1,000 less until Diwali. It will go on sale on October 6 via Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores in two colours – Chrome Silver and Midnight Black.
- The smartwatch comes with a stainless steel 46 mm circular face with AMOLED display of 450 nits peak brightness.
- Health tracking features on-board include heart-rate monitoring, sleep tracking users’ energy level estimation, VO2 level tracking, recovery time post-workout and energy consumption during training.
- It is 5ATM water-resistant and also features onboard GPS, along with a 420mAh battery which that’s claimed to give up to two weeks of battery life.
- Skoda has launched the automatic variants of the Rapid TSI in India which have been priced at Rs 9.49-13.29 lakh (ex-showroom). It is worth noting that all variants of the C-sedan get the automatic option.
- In terms of pricing, the automatic variants are around Rs 1.3-1.5 lakh dearer than the corresponding manual variants.
- The new transmission in question is an Aisin-sourced 6-speed torque-converter unit. It is mated to the 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo petrol engine that pumps out 108 bhp and 175 Nm.
- The claimed fuel efficiency of the Rapid AT is 16.42 m/l (ARAI-certified), which is around 2.5 km/l lesser than its manual counterpart.
- Other C-sedans with a torque converter AT gearbox include the Vento and Ciaz. On the other hand, the City and Yaris come with a CVT, while the Verna offers both a CVT and a DCT depending on the petrol engine chosen.
Apple Watch Series 6
- The Apple Watch Series 6 price in India starts at Rs 40,900 for the GPS variant and Rs 49,900 for the GPS + Cellular variants.
- Available in 40 mm and 44 mm sizes, the Watch 6 can be had in aluminium, stainless steel, titanium, and ceramic finish.
- It is powered by a new Apple S6 SiP (system in package), which Apple claims is 2x faster than the Series 5’s chip. The Series 6 also debuts an ultra-wideband (UWB) technology along with a U1 chip which enables connectivity using radio waves in a short-range.
- A new feature on the Watch Series 6 is its blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitor that alerts the user if their blood oxygen drops below 95-100 per cent. As always, the signature ECG monitor is also present.
- The 40 mm version has a resolution of 324×394 pixels, while the 44 mm version sports 368×448 pixels. Like its predecessor, the Always-On Retina display is still here but it’s claimed to be 2.5 times brighter than before.
- As per Apple, the Watch Series 6 provides up to 18 hours of battery life.
Apple Watch SE
- The new, “affordable” Apple Watch SE starts in India at Rs 29,900 for the GPS model and Rs 33,900 for the GPS + Cellular model.
- The Watch SE lacks the ECG monitor, SpO2 and always-on display features of the Series 6.
- It is powered by Apple’s S5 SiP, which is claimed to make it twice as fast as the Apple Watch Series 3 which it replaces.
- The display of the SE has the same size and resolution as that of Series 6. It is also available in similar 40 mm and 44 mm sizes, with the exact same 18 hours battery life promise.
iPad Air 4
- The iPad Air 4 has undergone a massive overhaul this time around. It has been priced at Rs 54,900 for 64GB WiFi model, Rs 68,900 for the 256GB WiFi model, Rs 66,900 for 64GB cellular and Rs 80,900 for 256GB cellular models.
- The all-new design of the 4th generation iPad Air is inspired from the latest iPad Pro series, so no physical home button is present. It sports a 10.9-inch 60 Hz screen with 2360×1640 pixels, P3 wide colour gamut support and Apple’s True Tone colour tech.
- For the first time ever on any Apple device, the fingerprint scanner has now been integrated into the power button. There is no Face ID here.
- This is also the first Apple device with the new A14 Bionic chip that’s the world’s first 5nm mobile silicon. You also finally get a USB-C port for charging and data transfer instead of the proprietary lightning port.
- The iPad Air 4 supports second-gen Apple Pencil as well as Apple’s new floating Magic Keyboard case.
iPad 8th generation
- Compared to Air 4, the iPad 8th generation is a pretty minor refresh. It is priced at Rs 29,900 and Rs 37,900 for 32GB and 128GB Wi-Fi versions, respectively. The cellular variants of the same capacity cost Rs 41,900 and Rs 49,900, respectively.
- The only major change made to this iPad is its new SoC, which is the A12 Bionic. This makes the iPad 8th generation as powerful as the iPad Air 3 and Mini 5 from last year.
- All other features, including the home button, lightning port, 3.5 mm headphone jack, etc. are retained from the 7th generation version.
- The new Redmi 9i has joined the list of ever-increasing Redmi phones on sale in India. It has been priced at Rs 8,299-9,299 and will go on sale from September 18 via Flipkart and Mi’s official retail channels.
- At the front, the Redmi 9i features a 6.53-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop-style notch for its 5MP selfie shooter.
- Powering the smartphone is a MediaTek Helio G25 SoC 4GB RAM and 64GB or 128GB of internal storage.
- There is also a massive 5,000mAh battery on-board here but it recharges only at 10W.
- Coming to optics, the Redmi 9i has a single 13MP camera on the back with f/2.2 aperture. Also, there is no fingerprint reader on this device.
- The OnePlus 8T, which is expected to launch either by the end of this month or early next month, has been leaked in new renders.
- As per the renders, the 8T will have a flat AMOLED panel of 6.55-inches with a 120 Hz refresh rate. This will be quite refreshing for those who were disappointed with the curved display on the OnePlus 8.
- Another new rumoured update is the introduction of 65W wired charging, the fastest ever on any OnePlus device. The phone will have a 4,500mAh battery.
- The rear design of this phone will also be new, however, with its upper-left mounted rectangular camera island, it will disappointingly look like every other Samsung/Oppo/Vivo/Huawei smartphone from 2020.
- Another controversial decision points towards the usage of the Snapdragon 865 SoC on the OnePlus 8T. Now, this is quite unlike other T phones which usually feature the updated SoC. So, everyone would love the 8T to have the Snapdragon 865+ instead.
- The camera setup is said to include 4 sensors – 48MP main + 16MP ultra-wide + 5MP macro + 2MP depth. The front will likely feature a 32MP sensor for selfies.
- The fourth-generation Hyundai Tucson has been officially revealed globally. This comes only a month after the facelifted third-gen version was launched here in India.
- The 2021 Tucson is built upon a brand new design language that first debuted on the 2021 Elantra. The front of this SUV is particularly striking with an abundance of LED daytime running lights embedded into the parametric grille.
- The side profile, much like the Elantra, is very busy with loads of cuts, creases and character lines flowing everywhere. The rear consists of a full-width LED light bar with sharp triangular LED tail lamps.
- On the inside, the dashboard of the 2021 Tucson looks like a premium version of the 2020 Creta’s with a very familiar design of the centre console. Notable features include dual 10.25-inch touchscreens and ambient lighting with 64 colours.
- Engines on offer globally will include a 2.5-litre petrol making 187 bhp/247 Nm and a 1.6-litre turbo-petrol hybrid that generates 227 bhp/ 350 Nm. Up to 7 driving modes will be available including Eco, Comfort, Smart, Sport, Mud, Sand and Snow.
- The Samsung M51 has been launched in India with an insane, almost tablet-sized 7,000mAh battery. The price has been set at Rs 24,999-26,999 and it will go on sale from September 18 via Amazon and Samsung’s official retail outlets.
- Having a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED unit with FHD+ resolution and a hole-punch, the Galaxy M51 has a 32MP selfie camera and a side-mounted capacitive fingerprint reader.
- Powering this device is the upper mid-range Snapdragon 730 SoC. there are two configurations on offer – 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM and 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM.
- At the back, the M51 gets quad-rear cameras which are quite similar to that on the A71. the four modules include 64MP primary, 12MP ultra-wide, 5MP macro and 5MP depth-sensing units.
- The smartphone also has support for 25W fast charging, however, with such an enormous battery size, the M51 is still bound to take some time to fully recharge.
- The highly anticipated 2020 Mahindra Thar will be launched in October 2. However, a media house claims to have gotten their hands on the official ex-showroom prices of the upcoming SUV.
- Said to be priced between 9.75-12.25 lakh (see image above), this leaked price of the 2020 Thar is actually quite a lot cheaper than the previously anticipated starting price of around Rs 12 lakh.
- The SUV will be offered in two variants – AX (Adventure) and LX (Lifestyle). The former will be offered with a fixed soft top and a convertible soft top, while the latter will be offered with a hard top.
- The second-gen Mahindra Thar will also be the first one to get a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine making 150bhp/ 320Nm. The other option includes a 2.2-litre turbo diesel with 130bhp/ 300 Nm.
- Staying true to its root, the 2020 Thar will also be available with a 4×4 transfer case with a mechanical differential lock as standard.