Next-gen Google Assistant is 10x faster
- The next-generation version of the Google Assistant has been previewed at Google I/O 2019. It will debut on the Pixel 4 series later this year.
- The new version is claimed to be 10x faster than the current version primarily because the voice-based AI will now live on-device and perform all tasks locally without sending the data to an external server.
- Another impressive thing on the new Google Assistant is that users do not have to use the Hey Google/ OK Google hotword every time. Instead, the Assistant will now hear your follow up commands after the initial hotword wakeup.
- User preferences will now also be saved for better search results. So, if you ask the next-gen Assistant “What should I cook for dinner?”, it will respond with recipe options tailored for you. Each user will get a different result based on his/ her performances.
- The Google Assistant now also gets a completely redesigned driving mode with personalised suggestions for navigation, messaging, calling and media playback.
More tech news: