Next-gen Honda City could debut later this year
- As per new reports, the fifth-generation Honda City will be revealed by the end of 2019, but will only go on sale in India in 2020.
- There are also rumours that the 2020 Honda City will come with a mild-hybrid system to boost its fuel economy. The current 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines will likely be carried over on the new model, albeit in revised and more powerful tunes.
- In favour of more cabin space, the next-gen model to dimensionally grow as well.
- While not much is known about the City in terms of design, expect it to be quite different than the fourth-gen model. Similarly, the interior design and quality will go a notch above the current model.
- While the new City is still some time away, Honda India’s first new saloon in 2019 will be the latest-gen Civic, which is rumoured to launch as early as next month.