Next-gen Toyota Corolla sedan teased; reveal on November 16
- The sedan derivative of the twelfth-gen Toyota Corolla will be unleashed on November 16, 2018, at the Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition in China.
- In the latest teaser, Toyota has given us a sneak peek of the sedan’s front fascia which showcases very similar LED daytime running lights as the Corolla hatchback. However, the front bumper and grille look bespoke to the sedan.
- The biggest change on the Corolla sedan versus the hatchback will, of course, be seen on its silhouette and the rear, both of which still remain a mystery.
- The interior and engines of the Corolla sedan will likely be quite similar to the hatchback as well. In the US, the latter is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine with 166 bhp. However, other regions also get two hybrid powertrain options.
- The Corolla sedan remains an important car for Toyota worldwide. The ASEAN-spec Corolla Altis is basically the US-spec Corolla sedan with a few stylistic changes. However, it is likely that the twelfth-gen Altis will look the same as the former this time around.