Night Sight feature rolls out to all Pixel phones
- The Night Sight feature on the Google Camera app was announced during the Pixel 3 launch. Now, the feature is being rolled on all Google Pixel smartphones via an update.
- Night Sight is a software-based feature that is claimed to revolutionise night time photography on smartphones.
- It measures your natural handshake and the scene’s motion before the picture is taken. It then uses a combination of different exposures and burst shots to produce the best results.
- Pixel Visual Core and HDR+ are used to improve the signal-to-noise ratio in low light conditions. According to Google, Night Sight photos are equivalent to a 5-second leg exposure on a professional camera.
- The Night Sight mode suggestion pops up when a Pixel user is taking a photo in dim light. A user can enter Night Sight by either tapping on the suggestion or triggering it manually from settings.