Nissan compact SUV confirmed for India
- Japanese carmaker Nissan has confirmed that its made-for-India compact SUV will launch in mid-2020.
- In an official design sketch teaser, one can see that the upcoming vehicle will feature bold design elements like exaggerated wheel arches and a sharply raked rear glass.
- What we know about this sub-4-metre SUV is that it will be based on Renault-Nissan’s CMF-A platform, the same one that underpins the Renault Triber and Kwid. It is said to be powered by yet to be revealed new 1.0-litre petrol engine.
- The SUV will be positioned below the Nissan Kicks, which was supposed to the company’s comeback vehicle in India but flopped nonetheless.
- It is also worth noting that alongside Nissan, its alliance partner Renault is also developing a compact SUV on the very same platform. Codenamed HBC, this Renault SUV might be previewed at Auto Expo 2020.