Nissan Kicks India launch date revealed
- The Nissan Kicks is scheduled to launch in India on January 22, 2019. Bookings for the upcoming new compact SUV have already commenced since last month.
- The Kicks we’ll get in India is engineered specifically for our market and is therefore dimensionally larger than the global model.
- Underneath, the Nissan Kicks is based on the same platform as the Renault Captur and Duster. It will also share its powertrain options with its French cousins – a 1.5-litre petrol with 105 bhp and a 1.5-litre diesel with 108.5 bhp. Initially, no auto gearbox option will be available.
- In terms of equipment, there’s an 8.0-inch infotainment system, 360-degree surround view camera, six-way adjustable driver’s seat, passive entry with push-button start, cruise control, cornering lights, hill-start assist, etc.
- The upcoming Hyundai Creta challenger from Nissan is expected to be competitively priced, possibly between Rs 9.5-15 lakh ex-showroom.