Nissan Kicks production begins in India
- Nissan India has officially commenced the production of its upcoming Kicks compact SUV at its Chennai plant.
- The Kicks will be Nissan’s biggest mass-market launch since the Terrano came in 2013. It will go head-on against the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.
- While the Kicks is sold in global markets as well, the India-spec model is different from the former since it sits atop Renault-Nissan’s cost effective B0 platform. The different platform also makes the India-spec Kicks more spacious versus its global counterpart.
- The SUV is expected to borrow the 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines from the Renault Duster. However, Nissan is yet to reveal the Kicks’ tech specs as well as its interiors.
- Expect the new SUV to launch in India in January 2019. Also, it is rumoured that the Terrano will be axed once the Kicks arrives in the market.