Nissan Magnite compact SUV concept revealed
- The Nissan Magnite Concept has gone official and it previews the upcoming sub-4-metre compact SUV for India from the Japanese carmaker will be launch early next year.
- The production-ready concept previews a bold design with strong shoulder lines which give the Magnite an imposing look.
- At the front, the design elements – which include the bold octagonal grille and large L-shaped DRLs – look more Datsun instead of Nissan. This is because the Magnite was initially developed as a Datsun model, but made a switch to Nissan at a later stage.
- At the rear, the tailgate does come with some interesting creases, while the LED tail-lamps are simple yet contemporary.
- More details will be revealed as the launch nears, but reports suggest that the Nissan Magnite will be powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine in two tunes – naturally aspirated with 71 bhp and turbocharged with 94 bhp.
- When launched, the Magnite will compete in with the Brezza, Venue, Nexon, XUV300, EcoSport, and the upcoming Renault Kiger which will be based on the same platform as the Magnite.