Nissan Terrano production reportedly stopped
- According to recent reports, Nissan has halted the Terrano SUV’s production at the Renault-Nissan Alliance production facility in Chennai.
- While Nissan hasn’t revealed anything officially, it won’t be surprising to see the Terrano discontinued since the SUV has been struggling to find enough new takers to sustain in the market.
- Additionally, the India-spec Nissan Kicks is said to be revealed on October 18, 2018, which will be positioned in the same price bracket as the Terrano.
- The Terrano is nothing but a badge-engineered Renault Duster. It managed to gather good market response initially, but ultimately failed to match the Duster’s demand.
- The Nissan Terrano currently retails for Rs 9.99-14.64 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). If the production of the vehicle has stopped, Nissan dealers may already have started to give lucrative discounts on it to get rid of the remaining stock.