Nissan to expand presence in India; Kicks SUV launch confirmed
- Nissan India has announced that it plans to strengthen its Nissan and Datsun brands in the market. Both brands have witnessed dwindling popularity in the past few years.
- As per the new plan, both Nissan and Datsun dealerships in India will increase in number from the current 270.
- The Japanese company will also invest in its Design Centre in Chennai and hire 500 employees in FY 2018 for its Digital Hub in Kerala. The latter will focus on innovations in mobility to enhance Nissan’s products globally.
- Nissan will be reinforced as a premium mainstream brand. On the other hand, Datsun will focus on progressive mobility, with its products offering connected technologies and strong value for money.
- The Nissan Kicks SUV has also been confirmed to launch in India soon. It will slot above the Terrano and share its engines with the Renault Captur (Renault and Nissan are in a strategic alliance worldwide).