No Pixel Watch coming this year, confirms Google
- Contrary to all previous rumours, Google has officially confirmed that it will not launch a smartwatch – believed to be named as the Pixel Watch – this year.
- “To think of a one-size-fits-all watch, I don’t think we’re there yet. Our focus is on our partners for now,” said Miles Barr, Director of Engineering for Wear OS in an interview with Tom’s Guide.
- Recently, Google announced a major revamp to its smartwatch oriented Wear OS, thus fueling rumours of a confirmed Pixel Watch launch this year.
- Smartwatches have witnessed a sharp decline in their sales in recent times. In addition to that, none of the Wear OS powered smartwatch is very popular. A recent report revealed that Apple Watch Series 1 is the world’s most popular smartwatch.
- Google will launch the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL on October 9, 2018. While the Pixel Watch may not be coming, the company is still likely to launch a refreshed Pixelbook at the same event.