Nokia 8.1 breaks cover
- The Nokia 8.1 has gone official as the Finnish company’s new upper mid-range smartphone. It will be available in many markets for a price of €400 (Rs 32,000). In India, it will likely launch on December 10.
- This device is the global avatar of the Nokia X7, which is a China-exclusive offering. It has a 6.18-inch screen of FHD+ resolution. The display also has a notch that houses the device’s earpiece, sensors and its front 20MP f/2.0 selfie camera.
- Powering the phone is the Snapdragon 710 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM. There’s also 64GB of inbuilt storage that’s expandable via a microSD card slot. The 8.1 is powered by a 3,500mAh battery.
- There are two rear cameras on the phone – a 12MP (f/1.8) primary unit that’s coupled with a 13MP secondary depth sensor.
- The Nokia 8.1 launches with the latest Android 9.0 Pie since it’s an Android One device. This means that the phone is eligible for two years of OS updates and three years of security updates.