Nokia 9 finally coming later this month
- The Nokia 9, which is expected to be the world’s first smartphone with 5 rear cameras, will be finally revealed on February 24, 2019.
- The upcoming Nokia flagship has been subject to many leaks and renders before, with many speculations on its launch date, all of which didn’t turn out to be true until now. However, the February 24 event has been officially announced by HMD Global.
- Though not confirmed, those 5 cameras on the back will likely consist of primary, telephoto, ultra-wide, monochrome and depth information sensors. Nokia’s camera-centric PureView branding is also said to return with this phone.
- The Nokia 9 will also have an in-display fingerprint scanner and a notch-less design. Powering it will be last year’s Snapdragon 845 SoC because the phone was to allegedly launch in 2018, but was delayed due to numerous reasons.
- Also expected to be unveiled on the same day is the Nokia 8.1 Plus, the Finnish company’s first phone with punch-hole screen design.