Nokia 9 PureView goes official with 5 rear cameras
- The much-anticipated Nokia 9 PureView, which is the world’s first phone with 5 rear cameras, has finally been revealed at MWC 2019.
- Undoubtedly, the phone’s biggest forte is its camera setup which consists of 3 monochrome and 2 RGB sensors, all with 12MP resolution, f/1.8 aperture and 28 mm of focal length.
- Obviously, this isn’t your traditional multi-camera setup – there’s no wide-angle or telephoto lens here. Instead, The Nokia 9 combines photos from all 5 cameras to produce a single shot with a super-high dynamic range of up to 12.4 stops of difference in light – which is on par with a DSLR.
- Then, the 5 cameras are also accompanied by a Time of Flight sensor, all of which combined can gather up to 1200 layers of depth data for bokeh. In contrast, most phones can gather only 10 layers of depth data!
- Other specs of the Nokia 9 PureView are fairly 2018-ish, which is not surprising since it’s launch has been delayed quite a bit. There’s a Snapdragon 845 SoC, 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM, a 5.99-inch OLED display with integrated fingerprint scanner, 3,320mAh battery and a 20MP f/1.8 front camera.
- Featuring stock Android thanks on Android One onboard, the Nokia 9 Pureview is price at US $699 (Rs 49,600), which makes it pretty good value for money when compared to other flagships.